Getting on Boards
Whether you’re seeking your first directorship, or looking to add to your portfolio of boards, this program gives you the practical assistance you need. Quite simply, it’s designed to help you get onto boards and to teach you how make a valuable contribution once you’re there.
The program has been developed in conjunction with Henry Bosch. Henry, who has personally served on thirty five boards (over half as Chairman), has advised over 100 boards on improving their performance over the past eighteen years and will also be presenting this program. The program covers listed and unlisted companies, government boards and not-for-profits. You'll experience the processes of selecting new directors and of mentoring candidates for directorships.
Your employer will benefit because:
You’ll hit the ground running at board level, with experience of the processes and a strong understanding of the role.
This program is right for you:
If you’re a manager or executive who would like to play a role as a director or who wants to be asked to join another board.
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand what is expected of directors, what makes a good director, who selects directors and how they go about it.
- Develop your career, build helpful networks, get noticed by selectors
- Agree to join a board
- The board’s role and management’s role
- The rising expectations of directors
- The nuances of public and private companies, government, or not-for-profit boards.
- The use of headhunters, directors’ registers, and CVs and interviews
- Increasing your personal effectiveness, doing due diligence on a prospective board, and what happens when you join a new board
READY TO ENROL?
Book online, FREE CALL 1300 855 682 or fill in the enquiry form and we'll call you